INCLUSIONS – Roundtrip Ferry from Portland to Yarmouth, NS – Mini-coach transportation in Nova Scotia, 5 nights accommodation, professional tour leader & local tour guides…
NOVA SCOTIA Ferry & Coach Tour – Sept 6-11th 6 Day / 5 Nights
- Day 1 – Board the CAT Ferry in Portland’s Old Port – sail to Yarmouth, Nova Scotia where we spend our first night at the Yarmouth – Rodd Grand Hotel
- Day 2 – Head north along to coast and then down to Kejimkujik NP for canoeing, kayaking and/or hiking – Overnight White Point Beach Resort ~ Dinner/breakfast included
- Day 3 – Visit Lunenburg and Peggy’s Cove before arriving to Halifax ~ Overnight in Halifax – Cambridge Suites with breakfast
- Day 4 – Full day to explore Halifax by foot or bike, museums, waterfront – live music… Overnight in Halifax. – Cambridge Suites with breakfast
- Day 5 – Early morning raft in the Tidal Bore and after rafting head to the wine region for lunch and transfer along north coast back to Yarmouth – Overnight in again at the Rodd Grand Hotel
- Day 6 – Board the CAT Ferry in the morning for your return to Portland.
Bay of Fundy Rafting the Tidal Bore - Day 5
Tides and Tidal Bores
One hundred billion tonnes of seawater flows in and out of the Bay of Fundy twice a day bringing with it an amazing array of currents, waves, swells, rip-currents, whirlpools and up to class four whitewater rapids. Unlike the open Atlantic Ocean side of Nova Scotia where the tides occur twice every 24 hours and at a more or less constant range or height (4 to 8 feet), the unique configuration of the Bay of Fundy (funnel shaped and great depth) results in the tidal waters moving in and out of the bay in a rocking motion (think of a wave in a bathtub) producing a significantly higher tidal height particularly when it reaches the head of the Bay.
September 6-11th, 2018 – 6 Days, 5 nights from Portland
PER PERSON RATES:
Valid PASSPORT or PASSPORT Card required for Americans traveling to Canada.
Trip insurance strongly recommended.
Space is limited to 20 adults ~ Minimum of 12 required to guarantee departure ~ Click here for the registration form!
Don’t delay – NOW is Someday!